Music is a powerful tool. It has the power to create moods, change atmospheres, and move people to action. But how does music fit into the local church? Is it a legitimate means of expression in the church? Does God desire for music to be a major part of our corporate worship? We believe He does!
- Music is a means of praise and worship. Psalm 150; Revelation 5:8-10
- Music is a valuable teaching tool. Colossians 3:16
- Music is an evidence of Spirit-filled lives. Ephesians 5:18-19
- Music is a vehicle for Christian service. Psalm 100:1-2
- Music is an effective way to testify and express our faith in Christ.
- Music can be a source of comfort and encouragement. I Samuel 16:23
In our worship services you will experience a variety of songs and instruments. All of our songs are carefully chosen, insuring that they are biblically accurate and will edify believers in their faith. Words and phrases that would describe our music are: biblical, worshipful, energetic, spiritual, inspirational, and full of life!
While we respect and sing the hymns and spiritual songs that have stood the test of time, we believe the Bible teaches that praise and worship of God should also include new songs.
- "And they sung a new song, saying...for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation." Revelation 5:9
- "Praise ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints." Psalm 149:1
Because our worship service is focused on corporate worship, the emphasis of our Music Ministry is our congregational singing and our choir. We will occasionally incorporate solos, duets, ensembles, etc., if a song reinforces the biblical theme of the service.
The goal of our Music Ministry is to glorify God and minister to the spirit of individuals, not appeal to the fleshly nature of people. Our music is not entertainment-driven, but God-centered.